Industries / Markets
For over 30 years, Northeast System Design engineers and support consultants have helped firms and organizations in Manufacturing / Engineering, Financial Services, Non-profits, Video Production, Retail / Point of Sale as well as a wide range of small to medium-sized businesses thrive and grow with reliable solutions that keep things running smoothly.
We have experience in general business automation applications and software used in day-to-day computing and we’re experts in balancing technology and hardware selection with your specific needs, expectations and budget. Our approach ensures redundancy and fault tolerance is optimized to reduce down time.
Northeast System Design has deep experience in market segments that require highly unique experience and skill sets including:
Manufacturing / Engineering
We understand the manufacturing and engineering industries and how important it is to have all aspects of the computer systems integrated together. Northeast System Design has a good working knowledge of many mainstream job control, engineering and shop floor software packages and can provide support that meets the requirements of the manufacturing environment.
Manufacturing and engineering firms have unique IT demands including workstations and servers that can manage data intensive business-critical applications such as 2D & 3D solid modeling.
Northeast System Design has familiarity with:
- The leading manufacturing software packages
- Job control and Accounting packages
- Quality Assurance and Control packages
- Time & Attendance solutions
- Bar-coding and inventory tracking and management solutions
- General office/shop floor automation packages
- The leading CAD/CAM software packages
- Communications with floor machines
Financial / Accounting / Legal
Security is of utmost importance in this field. Northeast System Design strives to keep your data secure from all external threats.
Our solutions include:
- File securing and encryption for remote connections and file security and security groups for local data
- Updating software packages to ensure bank compatibility and fix security holes
- Time clock setup and transmittal of payroll time information
- Archiving yearly and quarterly financial information
- Assessments and implementation of best practices to comply with Massachusetts Privacy Law (201 CMR 17)
- Time and billing products
We’re very familiar with the challenges of operating a nonprofit organization. We’re adept at finding options that will reduce the cost of implementation. For instance, we often work with associations such as TechSoup that offer hardware and software at a reduced cost.
We are familiar with:
- Products involved in fund raising and management
- Accounting software packages for this industry
Video production is a demanding IT environment. We understand how to provide and support workstations and servers that are capable of efficiently and reliably managing these heavy workloads.
- We provide servers with and high-end backup solutions with the capacity necessary for this business
- We are familiar with the latest video editing software and hardware
- We understand the need for high bandwidth and fast configurations for data compression
Retail / Pos
As anyone who has had to wait for a down cash register / terminal knows it’s frustrating and inconvenient. Your customers are vital to your business, and we ensure that you have the best uptime by ensuring our servers and critical remote connections are backed by redundancy.
For the retail environment, we provide:
- Redundant hardware for servers and connections where it’s needed most
- Maintenance and monitoring systems to ensure proper operations
- Secure connections to keep transactions safe
- Familiarity with many POS systems
We provide a range of Computer Support, Network Services and IT consulting in the Western MA area including towns such as: Springfield, Westfield, Chicopee, East Longmeadow, Agawam, and more. We also serve the Northern CT area including towns such as: Enfield, Windsor, Suffield, South Windsor, Hartford, East Berlin and Newington.